1. Registration is FREE! Please feel free to jump right on in, the water is a little frigid, but it warms up quickly!
    Dismiss Notice

I've followed the Thailand cave rescue...

Discussion in 'Talk, Talk (off topic)' started by Gridleak, Jul 9, 2018.

1. Gridleak

Gridleak Well-Known Member

What a frickin' mightmare.

Havin' done a lot of cave explorin' in my late teens, and early 20's, but none of which involved diving underwater more than having to squeeze through some tight spot feet first into a pool of water, and having to duck my head under at the last moment before coming up into a cavern, and then reverse the process head first coming out. I at least had the choice of whether to do it or not. These people don't have a choice, and we ain't talkin' just gettin' your arse, and head wet. And these people... are just kids.

I can't imagine.

Also, I heard an interview a couple of days ago where the divers who found them were amature cave divers. Someone asked how it was that amatures had found them, and not some professionals like say Navy SEALS. I thought the professionals response was very good. Paraphrasing here, he responded, Amature doesn't necessarily mean inexperienced. We may do it for a living, but many "amatures" do it because they love it, and some have more experience than many professionals.

Gridleak

2. Wizard

Wizard Well-Known Member

This post is hidden to guests.
    To view this post, please log in.
    If you are not a member, you will need to sign up.

Gridleak likes this.