1. Registration is FREE! Please feel free to jump right on in, the water is a little frigid, but it warms up quickly!
    Dismiss Notice

Selling/buying a boat out of state???

Discussion in 'Talk, Talk (off topic)' started by SilverFox66, Jun 3, 2013.

1. SilverFox66

SilverFox66 Well-Known Member

Ive got an interested party in my boat, and he is from AL, and a member of another site, and has had dealings buying a Phoenix from yet another member on that site.

My question is, if I meet him half way to let him drive the boat and sell it..... what is the best way to transfer the money. Can you wire money after hours (or on Sunday etc...)from bank to bank? It used to be a cashier's check was guaranteed money. Not anymore. The banks in their quest to control your money and tell you when/why/where/how you can use it, put a 7 - 10 business day hold on a cashier's check also. It pretty much defeats the purpose of getting one, since they were designed to be guaranteed money.

I dont know the guy, and Im not saying he isnt trust worthy. But this is too much money, to just turn someone loose with my boat, and not have some sort of guaranteed payment. Know what I mean? Any ideas?

2. n2ratfishin

n2ratfishin Well-Known Member

This post is hidden to guests.
    To view this post, please log in.
    If you are not a member, you will need to sign up.

3. 203

203 Very Senior Member

4. SilverFox66

SilverFox66 Well-Known Member