1. Registration is FREE! Please feel free to jump right on in, the water is a little frigid, but it warms up quickly!
    Dismiss Notice

Whose the Lowrance Guru's around here????

Discussion in 'Boating Talk' started by Paul Sonnier, Dec 20, 2017.

1. Paul Sonnier

Paul Sonnier Active Member

Maybe a long shot,, but I have a LONG question...

I have a HDS 8 gen 1 for the in dash console, GPS doesn't work, and I was looking into the Point 1 antenna. ( Have not bought it yet ). At the Classic in Houston this year, I had big plans, and bought a Gen 3 HDS 7 with structure scan for the console, and a Gen 2 HDS 9 for the bow, both still in the box!

Short question, is will all this work together?

Can I install the Point 1, and use it for the HDS 8 Gen 1 in the console, for back up/mapping/ old school sonar, (transducer in the hull) , and have it connected via NEMA to the HDS 7 Gen 3 at the console on a ram, and to the HDS 9 gen 2 on the bow for better GPS? Or should I leave the 7 and 9 alone and use the built in gps?

I have the ethernet cable to connect the 7 and 9, but will the 8 connect to the others via nema, ( not sure if the 8 has ethernet, I think, but don't remember ) or am I way off?

Ideally, I want the point 1 to work on all three if possible, if it's better, and to be able to share whatever available to all 3 units.

Was thinking of mainly using the 8 in the dash for GPS, but still have the depth finder if needed, ( the 8 transducer in the hull), and using the gen 3 7 for Side /down imaging while trolling, ( structure scan transducer on back of boat, and other transducer int he hull as well ), it has a smaller screen but I would be closer, and the gen 2 9 up front, with the transducer on the TM, (bigger screen, easier to see from a distance? ) for the regular 2d down image while on the trolling motor?

Is any of this possible,, these new units have me so confused with all the gen's and what they do!

I am coming from two LCX-15's, one on the bow, and one on the console and not linked together for the last 12 years! last year, the console X-15 quit, and I got the hds Gen 1, but the gps is out..
    Any thoughts or suggestions? I need some help before I start doing what I think I can do over the holidays!!!!! :)

2. cd4th

cd4th Shoot first, shoot again

This post is hidden to guests.
    To view this post, please log in.
    If you are not a member, you will need to sign up.

3. Paul Sonnier

4. cd4th

cd4th Shoot first, shoot again

5. Paul Sonnier